Nos. 30-33 & 37-38 Queen Street
This row of shops occupies a prominent corner position at the junction of Queen St and Cathedral Road. Although unlisted, it retained a number of historic features which contributed to the character of the wider conservation area. The property dates to the 1930’s, and prior to the grant had been subject to decades of neglect and damage. In order to return the building to its former glory, a comprehensive schedule of works was devised to repair the existing bronze shop fronts and reinstate the associated oak doors. The property continues to be occupied by a mix of independent local businesses, following the completion of the works.